By Pramod K. Nayar
This new Dictionary features a thoughtfully collated number of over a hundred and fifty jargon-free definitions of key words and ideas in postcolonial theory.
- Features a quick creation to postcolonial idea and a listing of prompt additional analyzing that incorporates the texts during which lots of those phrases originated
- Each access comprises the origins of the time period, the place traceable; a close rationalization of its perceived that means; and examples of the term’s use in literary-cultural texts
- Incorporates phrases and ideas from a number of disciplines, together with anthropology, literary reports, technology, economics, globalization experiences, politics, and philosophy
- Provides an amazing spouse textual content to the approaching Postcolonial reviews: An Anthology, that's additionally edited via Pramod okay. Nayar, a highly-respected authority within the field
Read or Download The Postcolonial Studies Dictionary PDF
Best literary criticism & theory books
Analyzing the paintings of Georges Bataille, Pierre Klossowski, and Maurice Blanchot jointly for the 1st time, this pioneering learn explores their reaction to a double problem: that of assuming the weight of philosophy whereas while declaring the shadows, spirits, and specters that pass less than the identify of literature.
The tragic mulatta was once a inventory determine in nineteenth-century American literature, an enticing mixed-race girl who turned a casualty of the colour line. The tragic muse used to be an both frequent determine in Victorian British tradition, an unique and inviting Jewish actress whose occupation positioned her along the “fallen lady.
Treacherous matters is a provocative and considerate exam of Vietnamese motion pictures and literature seen via a feminist lens. Lan Duong investigates the postwar cultural productions of writers and filmmakers, together with Tony Bui, Trinh T. Minh-ha, and Tran Anh Hung. Taking her cue from the double that means of "collaborator," Duong exhibits how historical past has formed the loyalties and moving alliances of the Vietnamese, a lot of whom are stuck among opposing/constricting forces of nationalism, patriarchy, and communism.
That includes a second in past due 17th- and early eighteenth-century England earlier than the disciplinary divisions that we inherit this present day have been tested, Empiricist Devotions recovers one of those empiricist pondering within which the thoughts and emphases of technological know-how, faith, and literature mixed and cooperated.
- Respecting The Stand: A Critical Analysis of Stephen King’s Apocalyptic Novel
- Weakness: A Literary and Philosophical History (Continuum Literary Studies)
- Narrative Conventions and Race in the Novels of Toni Morrison (Studies in Major Literary Authors)
- Between the Lines: Literary Transnationalism and African American Poetics (Imagining the Americas)
- Jane Austen (Critical Issues)
Extra resources for The Postcolonial Studies Dictionary
The Postcolonial Studies Dictionary by Pramod K. Nayar