By John T. Matthews
Read or Download The New Cambridge Companion to William Faulkner (Cambridge Companions to Literature) PDF
Best literary criticism & theory books
Reading the paintings of Georges Bataille, Pierre Klossowski, and Maurice Blanchot jointly for the 1st time, this pioneering research explores their reaction to a double problem: that of assuming the load of philosophy whereas while putting forward the shadows, spirits, and specters that move less than the identify of literature.
The tragic mulatta used to be a inventory determine in nineteenth-century American literature, an enticing mixed-race girl who turned a casualty of the colour line. The tragic muse was once an both primary determine in Victorian British tradition, an unique and welcoming Jewish actress whose occupation positioned her along the “fallen girl.
Treacherous matters is a provocative and considerate exam of Vietnamese motion pictures and literature considered via a feminist lens. Lan Duong investigates the postwar cultural productions of writers and filmmakers, together with Tony Bui, Trinh T. Minh-ha, and Tran Anh Hung. Taking her cue from the double that means of "collaborator," Duong indicates how background has formed the loyalties and transferring alliances of the Vietnamese, lots of whom are stuck among opposing/constricting forces of nationalism, patriarchy, and communism.
That includes a second in past due 17th- and early eighteenth-century England earlier than the disciplinary divisions that we inherit at the present time have been tested, Empiricist Devotions recovers one of those empiricist considering within which the concepts and emphases of technological know-how, faith, and literature mixed and cooperated.
- Upon Provincialism: Southern Literature and National Periodical Culture, 1870–1900 (American Literatures Initiative)
- Views from an Irish Barbarian: On Politics, Culture and Religion
- Die Potlooddief en die engel
- Recovered Legacies: Authority And Identity In Early Asian Amer Lit (Asian American History & Cultu)
- Chesterton: The Nightmare Goodness of God (The Making of the Christian Imagination)
- Rediscovering Margiad Evans: Marginality, Gender and Illness (Gender Studies in Wales)
Additional info for The New Cambridge Companion to William Faulkner (Cambridge Companions to Literature)
The New Cambridge Companion to William Faulkner (Cambridge Companions to Literature) by John T. Matthews