By Dale Walters
Plant Defense offers accomplished assurance of the variety of other organisms that crops have to fend off, describes how crops coordinate their defenses opposed to a number of assaults, explains the evolution of safeguard in crops, and the way plant defences are exploited in crop defense strategies.
- Covers vegetation’ defenses opposed to pathogens, pests, and parasitic crops: jointly in a single book
- Brings jointly succinct, innovative info in a effortless format
- Gives an realizing of ways crops beat back assaults from a number of enemies
- Is written by means of Dale Walters, an the world over recognized and revered researcher and instructor in crop security, who distils his wealth of information in a unique and intriguing way
- Is an important buy for all these enthusiastic about plant defense round the globe
Plant Defense is essentially designed to be used via top undergraduates and put up graduates learning crop defense, agricultural sciences, utilized entomology, plant pathology, and plant sciences. organic and agricultural study scientists within the agrochemical and crop defense industries, and in academia, will locate a lot of significant use during this very good new ebook. Libraries in all universities and learn institutions the place agricultural and organic sciences are studied and taught must have a number of copies of this very helpful e-book on their shelves.
Read or Download Plant Defense: Warding off attack by pathogens, herbivores and parasitic plants PDF
Similar botany books
This ebook offers a superior medical foundation for researchers, practitioners and scholars drawn to the applying of genetic ideas to tropical woodland ecology and administration. It offers a concise evaluate of genetic edition, evolutionary methods and the human influence on wooded area genetic assets within the tropics.
The totally revised and accelerated fourth version of Plant Biochemistry offers the most recent technological know-how at the molecular mechanisms of vegetation. The publication not just covers the elemental rules of plant biology, equivalent to photosynthesis, basic and secondary metabolism, the functionality of phytohormones, plant genetics, and plant biotechnology, however it additionally addresses some of the advertisement purposes of plant biochemistry.
During this well timed new 2-volume treatise, specialists from worldwide have banded jointly to supply a first-of-its-kind synopsis of the intriguing and fast paced box of plant evolutionary genomics. In quantity I of Plant Genome range, an replace is supplied on what we've realized from plant genome sequencing tasks.
This monograph goals at bringing out a entire number of details on bamboo kinds in South Asia. the focus of this publication is to handle the ecological and fiscal value of bamboos. Bamboo is a flexible staff of vegetation, able to offering ecological, financial and livelihood protection to the folks.
- Economic Botany: A Comprehensive Study
- World Checklist of Cyperaceae: Sedges
- Ascorbate-Glutathione Pathway and Stress Tolerance in Plants
- Nutrient Acquisition by Plants: An Ecological Perspective: 181 (Ecological Studies)
- Serotonin and Melatonin: Their Functional Role in Plants, Food, Phytomedicine, and Human Health
Additional info for Plant Defense: Warding off attack by pathogens, herbivores and parasitic plants
Plant Defense: Warding off attack by pathogens, herbivores and parasitic plants by Dale Walters