By Karin / Klimek, Sonja Kukkonen
Read or Download Metalepsis in Popular Culture (Narratologia) PDF
Best literary criticism & theory books
Interpreting the paintings of Georges Bataille, Pierre Klossowski, and Maurice Blanchot jointly for the 1st time, this pioneering research explores their reaction to a double problem: that of assuming the weight of philosophy whereas even as declaring the shadows, spirits, and specters that cross below the identify of literature.
The tragic mulatta was once a inventory determine in nineteenth-century American literature, an enticing mixed-race lady who grew to become a casualty of the colour line. The tragic muse used to be an both popular determine in Victorian British tradition, an unique and inviting Jewish actress whose career put her along the “fallen girl.
Treacherous matters is a provocative and considerate exam of Vietnamese movies and literature considered via a feminist lens. Lan Duong investigates the postwar cultural productions of writers and filmmakers, together with Tony Bui, Trinh T. Minh-ha, and Tran Anh Hung. Taking her cue from the double that means of "collaborator," Duong exhibits how heritage has formed the loyalties and transferring alliances of the Vietnamese, lots of whom are stuck among opposing/constricting forces of nationalism, patriarchy, and communism.
That includes a second in past due 17th- and early eighteenth-century England ahead of the disciplinary divisions that we inherit at the present time have been confirmed, Empiricist Devotions recovers a type of empiricist considering during which the concepts and emphases of technological know-how, faith, and literature mixed and cooperated.
- American Literature and Culture 1900-1960: An Introduction (Wiley Blackwell Introductions to Literature)
- The failure of Paul Morel: Why a son should not be a lover shown by an analysis of D. H. Lawrence’s “Sons and Lovers”
- The Role of the Perpetrators during the Holocaust in Martin Amis’s Time’s Arrow and the Moral Involvement of Future Generations
- Beyond Boundaries: Rereading John Steinbeck
- Deans and Truants: Race and Realism in African American Literature: 42
- Balancing the Books: Faulkner, Morrison and the Economies of Slavery (Literary Criticism and Cultural Theory)
Additional resources for Metalepsis in Popular Culture (Narratologia)
Metalepsis in Popular Culture (Narratologia) by Karin / Klimek, Sonja Kukkonen