By W.A. Linke,H.L. Granzier,M. Kellermayer
The publication speaks fairly to cellphone biologists, biophysicists, or bioengineers, and to senior researchers and graduate scholars alike, who're drawn to contemporary advances in single-molecule know-how (optical tweezers strategy, atomic strength microscopy), EM imaging, and machine simulation ways to review nanobiomechanics. The findings mentioned right here have redefined our view of the position mechanical indications play in mobile capabilities and feature tremendously helped increase our realizing of organic elasticity in general.
Read or Download Mechanics of Elastic Biomolecules PDF
Similar mechanics books
Requiring little within the approach of mathematic skill, yet delivering a lot details, this advisor indicates readers how they could comprehend and are expecting how a construction and its fabrics will practice while uncovered to quite a few exterior forces (mechanics). New details during this version contains an research of indeterminate constructions and the final word energy resistance of these buildings.
This accomplished textual content, that includes the mixing of diverse theoretical advancements, bargains a whole, constant description of the linear idea of the viscoelastic habit of fabrics. appropriate theoretical formulations are derived from a continuum mechanics point of view, through discussions of problem-solving strategies.
The publication offers a rigorous axiomatic method of continuum mechanics less than huge deformation. as well as the classical nonlinear continuum mechanics – kinematics, basic legislation, the idea of features having bounce discontinuities throughout singular surfaces, and so forth. - the booklet offers the idea of co-rotational derivatives, dynamic deformation compatibility equations, and the foundations of fabric indifference and symmetry, all in systematized shape.
This e-book provides the elemental ideas of mechanics to re-establish the equations of Discrete Mechanics. It introduces physics and thermodynamics linked to the actual modeling. the advance and the complementarity of sciences bring about assessment at the present time the outdated techniques that have been the foundation for the improvement of continuum mechanics.
- Modelling of Cohesive-Frictional Materials: Proceedings of Second International Symposium on Continuous and Discontinuous Modelling of Cohesive-Frictional ... 2004), held in Stuttgart 27-28 Sept. 2004
- Classical Mechanics with Mathematica® (Modeling and Simulation in Science, Engineering and Technology)
- An Introduction to Statistical Mechanics and Thermodynamics (Oxford Graduate Texts)
- Finite Element Analysis of Composite Materials using Abaqus™
- The Dynamics of Energy: Supply, Conversion, and Utilization
- Dynamical Systems X: General Theory of Vortices (Encyclopaedia of Mathematical Sciences)
Extra resources for Mechanics of Elastic Biomolecules
Mechanics of Elastic Biomolecules by W.A. Linke,H.L. Granzier,M. Kellermayer