By Don D'Ammassa
Read Online or Download Masters of Detection: Volume Two PDF
Best literary criticism & theory books
Analyzing the paintings of Georges Bataille, Pierre Klossowski, and Maurice Blanchot jointly for the 1st time, this pioneering research explores their reaction to a double problem: that of assuming the weight of philosophy whereas even as asserting the shadows, spirits, and specters that cross lower than the identify of literature.
The tragic mulatta used to be a inventory determine in nineteenth-century American literature, an enticing mixed-race girl who grew to become a casualty of the colour line. The tragic muse was once an both favourite determine in Victorian British tradition, an unique and welcoming Jewish actress whose occupation positioned her along the “fallen girl.
Treacherous matters is a provocative and considerate exam of Vietnamese motion pictures and literature considered via a feminist lens. Lan Duong investigates the postwar cultural productions of writers and filmmakers, together with Tony Bui, Trinh T. Minh-ha, and Tran Anh Hung. Taking her cue from the double that means of "collaborator," Duong indicates how background has formed the loyalties and moving alliances of the Vietnamese, lots of whom are stuck among opposing/constricting forces of nationalism, patriarchy, and communism.
That includes a second in past due 17th- and early eighteenth-century England prior to the disciplinary divisions that we inherit this day have been demonstrated, Empiricist Devotions recovers one of those empiricist pondering during which the ideas and emphases of technology, faith, and literature mixed and cooperated.
- Talking the Walk & Walking the Talk: A Rhetoric of Rhythm (Verbal Arts: Studies in Poetics)
- Lyric (The New Critical Idiom)
- Between the Lines: Literary Transnationalism and African American Poetics (Imagining the Americas)
- Native Authenticity: Transnational Perspectives on Native American Literary Studies (SUNY series, Native Traces)
- The Animal Fable in Science Fiction and Fantasy (Critical Explorations in Science Fiction and Fantasy)
Extra resources for Masters of Detection: Volume Two
Masters of Detection: Volume Two by Don D'Ammassa