By William C. Dickison
From this contemporary and profusely illustrated publication, the reader will study not only the fundamentals, that are amply reviewed, but additionally how plant anatomy is built-in with a wide selection of different disciplines, akin to plant breeding, forensic research, drugs, nutrition technology, wooden and fiber items, and the humanities. the writer offers the fundamental innovations and terminology of plant anatomy with a unique emphasis on its importance and purposes to different disciplines, and addresses the important function of anatomy through consolidating formerly scattered info right into a unmarried volume.
Integrative Plant Anatomy highlights the $64000 contribution made by way of learning anatomy to the ideas of a few current and destiny difficulties. It succeeds in integrating various parts of botany, in addition to the non-biological sciences, the humanities, and diverse different fields of human endeavor.
- Presents either the classical and glossy methods to the subject
- Teaches the significance of the topic to different disciplines similar to the nonbiological sciences, the humanities, and different fields of human endeavor
- Written and arranged to be helpful to scholars and teachers, but in addition to be available and attractive to a basic audience
- Bridges the space among traditional textbooks and complete reference works
- Includes keyword phrases and wide extra readings
- Richly illustrated with line drawings and photographs
Read Online or Download Integrative Plant Anatomy PDF
Best botany books
This e-book offers a high-quality medical foundation for researchers, practitioners and scholars drawn to the appliance of genetic ideas to tropical woodland ecology and administration. It provides a concise assessment of genetic version, evolutionary techniques and the human impression on woodland genetic assets within the tropics.
The totally revised and increased fourth variation of Plant Biochemistry offers the newest technology at the molecular mechanisms of flora. The ebook not just covers the fundamental ideas of plant biology, similar to photosynthesis, fundamental and secondary metabolism, the functionality of phytohormones, plant genetics, and plant biotechnology, however it additionally addresses many of the advertisement purposes of plant biochemistry.
During this well timed new 2-volume treatise, specialists from worldwide have banded jointly to supply a first-of-its-kind synopsis of the fascinating and fast-paced box of plant evolutionary genomics. In quantity I of Plant Genome variety, an replace is supplied on what we now have realized from plant genome sequencing tasks.
This monograph goals at bringing out a finished choice of info on bamboo types in South Asia. the focus of this booklet is to deal with the ecological and fiscal importance of bamboos. Bamboo is a flexible team of crops, in a position to delivering ecological, financial and livelihood safeguard to the folks.
- Histopathology of Seed-Borne Infections
- Never Out of Season: How Having the Food We Want When We Want It Threatens Our Food Supply and Our Future
- Plant-Environment Interactions, Second Edition
- Plants that Fight Cancer
- "Fear God and Walk Humbly": The Agricultural Journal of James Mallory, 1843-1877
- Plant Revolution: How Plants Have Already Invented Our Future
Extra resources for Integrative Plant Anatomy
Integrative Plant Anatomy by William C. Dickison