By Martin J. Manning,Clarence R. Wyatt
This interesting compilation of reference entries files the original courting among mass media, propaganda, and the U.S. army, a dating that all started within the interval earlier than the yank Revolution and keeps to this day―sometimes cooperative, occasionally combative, and constantly complex.
• Introductory essays describe the kinds of media most crucial to every clash interval, how they have been used, by way of whom, and to what impression
• A normal essay outlines how media has been used to unfold messages approximately conflicts all through U.S. history
• images and illustrations upload a tremendous visible element
Read Online or Download Encyclopedia of Media and Propaganda in Wartime America PDF
Best media studies books
Are there occasions which are inherently scandalous? strength of Scandal unearths that the very concept of 'scandal' is derived now not from an occasion, yet from public opinion - which, in flip, is construed via media narratives. Scandal is strong due to its skill to problem associations via destabilizing their legitimacy.
Studienarbeit aus dem Jahr 2007 im Fachbereich Medien / Kommunikation - Medienökonomie, -management, be aware: 1,3, Universität Erfurt, 15 Quellen im Literaturverzeichnis, Sprache: Deutsch, summary: „Dauerhafte Exzellenz braucht dauerhaften Wettbewerb“, postuliert Professor Matthias Kleiner, Präsident der Deutschen Forschungsgemeinschaft (DFG) in seiner Ansprache zum Neujahrsempfang 2007 und spielt damit auf den künftigen Wettstreit um Fördergelder unter den deutschen Hochschulen an.
How do structures act with humans and between humans within the performances of lifestyles? This choice of essays finds a deep alliance among structure and the appearing arts, uncovering its roots in historical tales, and tracing a continual culture of concept that emerges in modern perform.
This e-book identifies the strengths and weaknesses of other methodological techniques to analyze in verbal exchange and social switch. It examines the methodological possibilities and demanding situations occasioned by means of speedy technological affordances and society-wide variations. This examine offers grounded insights on those concerns from a large diversity of informed lecturers and skilled practitioners.
- Transcultural Communication
- Analysing Media Discourses
- Organisieren: Eine Fallstudie zum Erhandeln von Events (German Edition)
- Satellite Broadcasting: The Politics and Implications of the New Media (Routledge Library Editions: Television)
- Roger Waters and Pink Floyd: The Concept Albums (The Fairleigh Dickinson University Press Series in Communication Studies)
Extra resources for Encyclopedia of Media and Propaganda in Wartime America
Encyclopedia of Media and Propaganda in Wartime America by Martin J. Manning,Clarence R. Wyatt