By A. Hall
Read or Download Disability and Modern Fiction: Faulkner, Morrison, Coetzee and the Nobel Prize for Literature PDF
Similar literary criticism & theory books
Studying the paintings of Georges Bataille, Pierre Klossowski, and Maurice Blanchot jointly for the 1st time, this pioneering research explores their reaction to a double problem: that of assuming the load of philosophy whereas even as asserting the shadows, spirits, and specters that move less than the identify of literature.
The tragic mulatta used to be a inventory determine in nineteenth-century American literature, an enticing mixed-race lady who grew to become a casualty of the colour line. The tragic muse used to be an both frequent determine in Victorian British tradition, an unique and welcoming Jewish actress whose occupation put her along the “fallen lady.
Treacherous topics is a provocative and considerate exam of Vietnamese motion pictures and literature seen via a feminist lens. Lan Duong investigates the postwar cultural productions of writers and filmmakers, together with Tony Bui, Trinh T. Minh-ha, and Tran Anh Hung. Taking her cue from the double which means of "collaborator," Duong exhibits how background has formed the loyalties and transferring alliances of the Vietnamese, a lot of whom are stuck among opposing/constricting forces of nationalism, patriarchy, and communism.
That includes a second in past due 17th- and early eighteenth-century England earlier than the disciplinary divisions that we inherit this day have been validated, Empiricist Devotions recovers a type of empiricist pondering within which the thoughts and emphases of technology, faith, and literature mixed and cooperated.
- Victor Hugo: Four Plays: Marion de Lorme; Hernani; Lucretia Borgia; Ruy Blas: "Hernani","Marion De Lorme","Lucrece Borgia","Ruy (World Classics)
- The Best Are Leaving: Emigration and Post-War Irish Culture
- Dark Eyes on America: The Novels of Joyce Carol Oates
- Paralyses: Literature, Travel, and Ethnography in French Modernity
- Feminist Theory Across Disciplines: Feminist Community and American Women's Poetry (Routledge Interdisciplinary Perspectives on Literature)
- Demosthenes, Speeches 20-22 (The Oratory of Classical Greece)
Additional resources for Disability and Modern Fiction: Faulkner, Morrison, Coetzee and the Nobel Prize for Literature
Disability and Modern Fiction: Faulkner, Morrison, Coetzee and the Nobel Prize for Literature by A. Hall