By J. A. Cuddon,M. A. R. Habib,Matthew Birchwood,Martin Dines,Shanyn Fiske,Vedrana Velickovic
With new entries and delicate edits, this 5th version locations J.A. Cuddon’s crucial dictionary firmly within the twenty first Century.
- Written in a transparent and hugely readable style
- Comprehensive ancient assurance extending from precedent days to the current day
- Broad highbrow and cultural range
- Expands at the past version to include the latest literary terminology
- New fabric is especially centred in parts similar to gender reviews and queer conception, post-colonial concept, post-structuralism, post-modernism, narrative idea, and cultural studies.
- Existing entries were edited to make sure that subject matters obtain balanced treatment
Read or Download Dictionary of Literary Terms and Literary Theory PDF
Similar literary criticism & theory books
Interpreting the paintings of Georges Bataille, Pierre Klossowski, and Maurice Blanchot jointly for the 1st time, this pioneering examine explores their reaction to a double problem: that of assuming the load of philosophy whereas while putting forward the shadows, spirits, and specters that pass below the identify of literature.
The tragic mulatta was once a inventory determine in nineteenth-century American literature, an enticing mixed-race girl who turned a casualty of the colour line. The tragic muse used to be an both frequent determine in Victorian British tradition, an unique and inviting Jewish actress whose career positioned her along the “fallen girl.
Treacherous topics is a provocative and considerate exam of Vietnamese movies and literature considered via a feminist lens. Lan Duong investigates the postwar cultural productions of writers and filmmakers, together with Tony Bui, Trinh T. Minh-ha, and Tran Anh Hung. Taking her cue from the double that means of "collaborator," Duong exhibits how historical past has formed the loyalties and moving alliances of the Vietnamese, a lot of whom are stuck among opposing/constricting forces of nationalism, patriarchy, and communism.
That includes a second in overdue 17th- and early eighteenth-century England sooner than the disciplinary divisions that we inherit this present day have been tested, Empiricist Devotions recovers a type of empiricist considering within which the concepts and emphases of technology, faith, and literature mixed and cooperated.
- Raising the Dead: Readings of Death and (Black) Subjectivity (New Americanists)
- Soldiers Once and Still: Ernest Hemingway, James Salter, and Tim O'Brien
- A history of Southern literature
- The Politics of Postmodernism (New Accents)
- The Unswept Room (Cape Poetry)
Additional resources for Dictionary of Literary Terms and Literary Theory
Dictionary of Literary Terms and Literary Theory by J. A. Cuddon,M. A. R. Habib,Matthew Birchwood,Martin Dines,Shanyn Fiske,Vedrana Velickovic