By Neil Thompson
Addressing the typical options and matters around the numerous varieties of discrimination, this ebook explores the explanations why the improvement of anti-discriminatory perform is so important, and examines the stairs that have to be taken in the direction of developing a social paintings perform in keeping with ideas of anti-discrimination and the promoting of equality. Written with Thompson's inimitable readability, this new version features:
• Voice of expertise and perform concentration examples, encouraging readers to imagine contextually and combine idea and perform.
• An specific conception base, with key issues from each one bankruptcy drawn out to focus on particular major themes
• more than a few questions for mirrored image and counsel on additional learning
Promoting social justice, range and equality in social paintings perform is as important this present day because it was once whilst Anti-Discriminatory perform used to be first released, and there's nonetheless a lot to profit. This new, totally up to date variation of the vintage textual content is still an important learn for the subsequent iteration of social paintings scholars, practitioners, managers and educators.
Read Online or Download Anti-Discriminatory Practice: Equality, Diversity and Social Justice (Practical Social Work Series) PDF
Similar social work books
Because the social paintings occupation more and more emphasizes scholarship and examine, the schooling and coaching of school and scholars within the dependable behavior of analysis (RCR) turns into important. learn Integrity and accountable behavior of analysis presents particular directions concerning the useful issues, suggestions, and instruments within the moral and accountable perform of social paintings examine.
This key textual content covers the information and talents that social staff have to get into perform with teenagers and households. The ebook covers center elements of kid and kin paintings reminiscent of development potent relationships, evaluate, baby defense perform and dealing with the legislations. transparent and available, this sensible booklet beneficial properties case reports, questions and workouts all through.
Das Handbuch 'Soziale Arbeit und adjust' stellt den Bedarf, die Rahmenbedingungen, Institutionen, Paradigmen und Konzepte der Begleitung der vielgestaltigen Lebensphase modify aus der Perspektive der Sozialen Arbeit dar. Das Handbuch trägt der Tatsache Rechnung, dass sich die Soziale Arbeit weit über die Soziale Altenhilfe hinaus mit der demografischen Entwicklung, dem Strukturwandel des Alters und sozialpolitischen Veränderungen auseinander setzen muss, die sowohl ältere und alte Menschen als auch ihre Familien und außerfamilialen Netzwerke betreffen.
This particular point of view at the academia-society nexus is the 1st cross-national comparative examine on educational engagement in social coverage formulation.
- Soziallandschaften: Perspektiven Sozialer Arbeit als Profession und Disziplin (Forschung, Innovation und Soziale Arbeit) (German Edition)
- Human Behavior in a Just World: Reaching for Common Ground
- Advanced Generalist Social Work Practice
- Child Welfare Supervision: A Practical Guide for Supervisors, Managers, and Administrators
- L'aide alimentaire au coeur des inégalités (Logiques sociales) (French Edition)
- Handbook of Human Behavior and the Social Environment: A Practice-Based Approach
Extra info for Anti-Discriminatory Practice: Equality, Diversity and Social Justice (Practical Social Work Series)
Anti-Discriminatory Practice: Equality, Diversity and Social Justice (Practical Social Work Series) by Neil Thompson