By Richard Gray
- Presents the 1st particular interrogation of U.S. writing in a time of main issue
- Develops a well timed and provocative arguement approximately literature and trauma
- Relates U.S. writing when you consider that Sep 11 to an important social and historic alterations within the U.S. and somewhere else
- Places U.S. writing within the context of the reworked place of the U.S. in an international characterised by way of political, monetary, and armed forces concern; transnational glide; the resurgence of spiritual fundamentalism; and the plain triumph of worldwide capitalism
Read Online or Download After the Fall: American Literature Since 9/11 PDF
Best literary criticism & theory books
Studying the paintings of Georges Bataille, Pierre Klossowski, and Maurice Blanchot jointly for the 1st time, this pioneering examine explores their reaction to a double problem: that of assuming the weight of philosophy whereas even as declaring the shadows, spirits, and specters that move less than the identify of literature.
The tragic mulatta was once a inventory determine in nineteenth-century American literature, an enticing mixed-race girl who grew to become a casualty of the colour line. The tragic muse was once an both commonplace determine in Victorian British tradition, an unique and inviting Jewish actress whose career positioned her along the “fallen lady.
Treacherous matters is a provocative and considerate exam of Vietnamese motion pictures and literature seen via a feminist lens. Lan Duong investigates the postwar cultural productions of writers and filmmakers, together with Tony Bui, Trinh T. Minh-ha, and Tran Anh Hung. Taking her cue from the double that means of "collaborator," Duong indicates how background has formed the loyalties and moving alliances of the Vietnamese, a lot of whom are stuck among opposing/constricting forces of nationalism, patriarchy, and communism.
That includes a second in overdue 17th- and early eighteenth-century England ahead of the disciplinary divisions that we inherit this day have been tested, Empiricist Devotions recovers a type of empiricist pondering during which the options and emphases of technology, faith, and literature mixed and cooperated.
- Folklore and the Fantastic in Nineteenth-Century British Fiction
- Black Skin, Blue Books: African Americans and Wales, 1845-1945 (Writing Wales in English)
- The Frame Function: An Inside-out Guide to the Novels of Janet Frame
- Jean Rhys (Cambridge Studies in African and Caribbean Literature)
Extra info for After the Fall: American Literature Since 9/11
After the Fall: American Literature Since 9/11 by Richard Gray